Tuesday 8 February 2011

Breakfast the Thirtieth

Muesli, yoghurt and raspberries.
Are my sister and I unique in being incapable of seeing mashed potatoes without bursting into a rendition of the Bodger and Badger theme tune? It's one of our only shared traits. (Well, that and unruly hair -- but she tames hers.) My new flatmate and I had bangers and mash for supper this evening. And while she knew the song, it didn't seem to her the most natural thing in the world to greet the sight of mash with a rousing chorus of "Everybody knows Badger loves MASHED POTATOES."

The funny thing is, even as a child, I loathed Bodger and Badger. (Along with Chucklevision - ugh!) But the song is one hell of an earworm (aren't you glad there's a dedicated word for this?). I dare you to watch this and not get it stuck in your head.

1 comment: