Friday 10 February 2012

What is it About Matt Damon?

Honey loops and cornflakes and apple, grape and pomegranate juice.
There's just something completely winning about Matt Damon. I can't put my finger on it at all, but every time I watch him in something I fall a little bit in love with him (with the possible exception of The Talented Mr Ripley; but even then...).

I have just spent the last two hours wishing I was Emily Blunt in "The Adjustment Bureau." Much as I spent a lot of watching "Birdsong" wishing I was Clemence Poesy. Eddie Redmayne's a pretty darn winning one too. Except I'd want to inhabit a fantasy universe in which there was no death and destruction and Mr Redmayne and I just had lovely freckle-nosed babies together and lived on stinky cheese and red wine.

What can I say, living in the middle of nowhere with a small shaggy dog as my most regular companion has left me a lot of time for extremely far-fetched daydreaming. I'm not sure I'd entirely enjoy life in early twentieth century France though. The corsets and lack of gender equality might prove tedious.

(On an entirely unrelated note, I've been eating a lot of humbugs lately; it's upsetting when you get one that isn't chewy in the middle.)

2 comments:

  1. Could you ask Eddie Redmayne to stop mumbling? (and is that a glass of coke on the left? )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not Coca Cola, no. It's a glass of extremely bourgeois fruit juice (apple, grape and pomegranate), not bought by me. Also, fi! I've noticed no mumblings.

    ReplyDelete