Saturday 3 March 2012

Is this Old Age?

I am falling to pieces. (Physically, not emotionally--which is a nice change.) The other night I yawned and pulled a muscle in my ribcage somewhere near my left shoulder blade. (Yes, I did just yawn on typing that. And again.)

Is this old age? I'm pretty accident prone. I need some resilience against my clumsiness. It's really no good if the business of growing older means injuring oneself more easily and these injuries taking longer to heal (I'm talking to you rotator cuff). Today I dropped a log on my knee taking it out of the wheel barrow. This is a pretty standard altercation with an everyday object for me. I wouldn't ordinarily remember having done it except that it's actually rather tender still. I'm sure that in my younger days this wouldn't have hurt. Instead, when I noticed the bruise some days later, I would vaguely recall the log-dropping and attribute it to that.

Apologies again for the lack of photo. Can't find my card reader. I had potato scones with gooseberry jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment