Saturday 15 November 2014

Of Cupboards and Monsters

Banana.

Chorizo roll, almond & vanilla croissant, and tea.

Every morning -- it seems -- I leave my cupboard door open (after my rummagings). And each evening as I peel back my duvet, ready to flop into bed, I glance at the open door, briefly consider leaving it so, and give in -- as ever -- to the impulse to close it, as thoughts of the monsters within flicker through my head.

However hard I try to bat these thoughts away, a little bit of me is still four-years-old and prefers that the cupboard monsters are safely shut inside. And I even though I know it's all nonsense, and it's ridiculous of me, I shut the door anyway, so that I can drift off to sleep untroubled by wonderings about what might escape otherwise...

No comments:

Post a Comment