Friday 22 April 2011

Breakfast the One-Hundred-and-Third

Chocolate wheetos and banana.
This evening I decided to mitigate the effects of having eaten nothing but three bowls of chocolate wheetos all day long with real food. I (and the Misses Shelley and Girling) had cod with warm lemon vinaigrette, baby new potatoes and rocket. Nom, nom. Oh, and we had strawberries and cream for pud.

Sometimes it's no bad thing to remind yourself that you can indeed cook. I have realised, of late, that it would be all too easy to subsist entirely on a diet of breakfast cereal, tortellini and spinach.

And for those of you worried about my cod, it was line caught -- so I think I'm a little bit off the hook there, if you'll forgive the metaphor (though not entirely, I know). Really, this particular supper ought to be made with monk fish, as less meaty fish tends to turn in to mush. Still, delicious mush it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment