Monday 12 September 2011

Breakfast the Two-Hundred-and-Forty-Fifth

Banana and a blueberry muffin (gobbled on bus).
Edinburgh is something of a graveyard of umbrellas this evening; Hurricane Katia's tendrils have twisted more than a few beyond usefulness. The trees too, seem rather bothered by all this wind. Some ominous creaking and such persuaded me to give most a wide berth. The same is true of scaffolding. But then I've always done my best to avoid that ever since I listened to a Dick Francis book tape in which a falling pole was the murderers' instrument of death...

2 comments:

  1. The BUS?! You mean... you didn't want to BIKE in that weather???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the bus indeed. Florence is now in her winter stabling. I am a fair(ish) weather cyclist.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete