Tuesday 30 September 2014

Damn You, Susan Hill

Saturday: the works! Sunday: a croissant;
Monday: toast & blackberry jam; Tuesday: an almond croissant
I glimpsed about a second of The Woman in Black this evening, a rattling door handle, and Daniel Radcliffe's quivering eyebrow, and I just know I am going to have nightmares. I know it.

I've never understood why people enjoy scary films (or plays!). I can work myself into a fear frenzy quite all of my own accord. I just have to see a wisp of a shadow out of the corner of my eye in the wrong sort of light, in a place where it oughtn't to be and my heart starts pounding.

I once actually shrieked out loud when a shirt came at me out of nowhere in the dim: the same shirt I had seen hanging on the cupboard door when I opened it, that came lurching back at me when I closed it. Hopeless!

No comments:

Post a Comment