Wednesday 1 June 2011

Breakfast the One-Hundred-and-Forty-Third

Cinnamon & raisin bagel with honey and banana.
Whatever happened to benefactors, that's what I want to know. I'm in need of a new job any day now (alas), and astonishingly have not won the lottery (despite having bought a ticket and everything), so now would be an excellent time to acquire a patron of sorts.

I think it's important that any benefactor be anonymous: that way I might feel less guilty about spending their endowment on decadent sandwiches and yoghurt covered banana chips, in addition to important things like rent and marmite.

Also, my hazy recollections of Great Expectations -- it's been roughly a decade and a half since I read it --  suggest that knowing (or indeed suspecting) the identity of your benefactor only leads to trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment