Thursday 8 December 2011

Breakfast the Three-Hundred-and-Thirty-Second

Banana bread and apple puree again.
Well, we survived Hurricane Bawbag largely unscathed here. Had to put a rock on the lid of the compost bin and a bird feeder blew off its peg. Other than that, all is well. It was wild though. I'm amazed no trees have come down. Perhaps I'll find one yet. I hope not though. I don't like it when my favourite trees come down.

I still haven't entirely got over the loss of the Scots Pine that hosted our twig swing. That was a great swing, right out over a steep bank. When my sister and I were little, if we didn't maintain our momentum, we'd get stuck hanging out over the abyss (it felt abyss-like to a small person). Then we had two choices -- jump from a height into the brambles, or hope the other would fetch a parent...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm that was a great swing all those years ago!! Think I even fell off it at one point.

    ReplyDelete