Monday 12 December 2011

Breakfast the Three-Hundred-and-Thirty-Sixth

Fruit and Fibre.
It occurred to me, whilst walking the dog in the dark this evening, that the torch I was using has been in use for as long as I can remember. That thing has been going since at least the mid-1980s. It's a big red number, called a Pifco I think. If you need a durable torch, I seriously recommend buying one of these.

When I was little, our Labrador Boo-Boo was always very insistent that she should carry it whenever we were out with her; so, for the first ten years of my life, I was used to negotiating the dark by torch-light that fell at a right angle to the direction in which we were headed.

Harry is too small to carry the torch; but that's no trouble, he has his own disco light -- a flashing blue and red LED light. According to the packet it's visible from up to one mile away.

No comments:

Post a Comment