Wednesday 1 October 2014

Cholera, Anyone?

Honey nut cornflakes and an allegedly energy releasing drink
This photograph does not do anything like justice to the extraordinarily pondweed-ish hue of this morning's drink -- the inevitable result of shopping at Waitrose whilst tired and lurgy-full (still!).

It was packed full of wizzy ingredients, including something I briefly thought was cholera powder (hair of the dog that bit you?), but was in fact chlorella powder. The google gods tell me this is some sort of algal superfood -- so that explains the pondweed hue, then.

I can't claim to have been particularly energised this morning, but it was -- despite the algae (and some seaweed) -- quite tasty. And my sore throat is, at last, much improved. No more Jazz standards in the shower for me: though this may be down to the pineapple element of the drink (an excellent cure for any sort of throaty-itis, I have found), than the dubious green ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment