Thursday 30 October 2014

The Land of Nod

Strawberry, banana, spinach & almond milk smoothie.
I don't imagine that Henry IV and I have much in common -- I have neither leprosy, nor a kingdom to rule, and last I checked there seemed no likelihood of anyone wishing to assassinate me -- but we do seem to share a tendency towards insomnia:

O sleep, O gentle sleep,

Nature’s soft nurse, how have I frighted thee,
That thou no more wilt weigh my eyelids down
And steep my senses in forgetfulness?


Like my Plantagenet pal, I often find the Land of Nod an elusive destination. It takes forever to get there, and when finally I do find my way, I can't seem to manage to stay. Unlike my Plantagenet pal, I don't mind who else gets to go there, as long as I'm there too.





No comments:

Post a Comment