Sunday 5 October 2014

Nat King Cole and an Orangutan

Mango and banana

French toast, maple syrup and bacon (made by my lovely flatmate)
It's been a bad week for me on the being emotionally (and otherwise) manipulated by advertisements front. I almost welled up -- and certainly got hungry -- watching a heart-string tugging advert for Kentucky Fried Chicken, of all things. I mean, really. Really. I am not proud of myself.

And then the people at SSE pulled this one: an orangutan, and Nat King Cole. How can a person see an orangutan, and hear a Nat King Cole song and not come over all weepy? (Though the less said about the own goal that is an energy company featuring in its advertisements a creature whose habitat is rapidly disappearing due to our incessant overconsumption of everything -- most of it requiring an electricity connection I'd hazard -- the better… I reckon.)


No comments:

Post a Comment