Monday 24 January 2011

Breakfast the Fifteenth

Cinnamon and raisin bagel with raspberry jam. 
I was wondering today what the collective noun for traffic wardens ought to be. When I see them in the mornings in their reflective yellow jackets and black trousers, as they set out to sting over-sleepers and the like, they do rather seem to be swarming. So, a swarm of traffic wardens? Or maybe a penalty...

I must have spent most of my student loan on parking fines. Once I actually walked past my own car, parked in a restricted space just before 8.30 in the morning, and thought "I hope they move it soon." Then, off I went for a swim. On the way back, there the car was still, with a parking ticket. I remember thinking "poor bastard" before the realisation that I was the poor bastard in question hit.

1 comment:

  1. I think it depends on where they are at the time, rather like gooses. I like to think they are treated like horses when not patrolling. So how about "a paddock of parkies" for when they are off-duty.

    I like swarm... but then I also like bees so I'd feel uncomfortable with that in case the bees thought I was dissing them.

    ReplyDelete