Monday 11 July 2011

Breakfasts One-Hundred-and-Seventy-Nine, Eighty, Eighty-One and Two

No. 179: Doppelganger shreddies & strawberries; No. 180: Croissant & Honey
No. 181 Cinnamon & raisin bagel and apple juice; No. 182: Special K & strawberries.
Here's a curious thing: I live on the second floor (third floor if you're American) and below is a picture of a snail on my extraordinarily grubby bedroom window. How on earth did it come to be there? Did it fall from the sky? Climb all the way up the wall? (that's four storeys from the garden side...).

Snail...
And another curious thing... my mother phoned me at ten to ten this evening -- whilst I was having supper with friends -- I answered because I thought there must be some emergency. It turns out she was waiting for a bus. Generally speaking, I phone my parents; they do not phone me. When they do, it scares the bejesus out of me because I assume there's some crisis. There never is, it's just a rare moment of them forgetting their aversion to telephones (a shared family trait; except in the case of my sister who is averse to emails, which makes for limited contact...)

2 comments: