Thursday 7 July 2011

Breakfasts One-Hundred-and-Seventy-Seven and-Eight

No 177: Fruit & Fibre and a peach.
No 178: Honey Nut Cornflakes and Strawberries.
It's been rather a hectic week this week, I promise I'll do better after the weekend. (That is if anyone's interested).

Recently I've been seeing a lot of adverts for Quorn. I don't understand Quorn. I can't think of any reason why you'd eat it.

It's an odd sort of a choice if you're vegetarian and looking for something tasty, given that it's bland, and oddly textured. And if your non-meat-eating is down to concerns about farting cows, its no good either I shouldn't think -- I imagine that the carbon footprint of all that processing easily rivals that of a herd of flatulent bovines. And finally, if you're a meat-eater but looking to save on calories (this seems to be the angle they're going for), why wouldn't you just eat some yummy vegetable confection instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment