Monday 24 October 2011

Breakfast the Two-Hundred-and-Eighty-Seventh

Butterscotch pie (I know!).
Edinburgh has acquired its own Occupy movement. I first spotted them last week. I was sitting on the bus and I noticed a jolly-looking makeshift campsite in St Andrews square. There was a nicely lit-up tent and it all looked very civilised.

You can imagine my surprise then when I walked through St Andrews square on Saturday, as a ludicrous number of police milled about "keeping an eye" ( I presume) on a ragtag collection of entirely amiable, slightly dishevelled-looking people.

What is wrong with this country that we get completely hysterical about a collection of somewhat smelly campers pitching up in public parks to protest (entirely peacefully) against a system which props up the wealthiest one percent, whilst snatching much-needed services away from everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment