Tuesday 22 November 2011

Breakfast the Three-Hundred-and-Sixteenth

Cinnamony cheat's/cheats' (are the cheats many or one?) porridge.
I got a new phone about four months ago, so naturally I have only made it as far as the D's in copying over numbers.  Mostly everyone I should like to communicate with has by now sent me a message, or phoned, and I have saved their numbers.

Every so often though, I get a missed call or a message from a number I haven't got saved. This tends to be a source of excitement, as it's usually some lovely person I haven't heard from in a while. You can imagine my disappointment then when today's mystery caller (I was driving so couldn't answer) followed their unanswered call with a text asking me to "check their straighteners were off." Given I live with a chap, whose name is in the D's, this was, alas, nothing more than a wrong number.

No comments:

Post a Comment