Wednesday 11 May 2011

Breakfast the One-Hundred-and-Twenty-Second

Strawberry, blueberry and banana smoothie. 
I have now proved, once and for all, that I have no self control, and never will. Last night I bought two packets of Haribo, promising myself that I would only eat a few at a time, as a treat. There is now a half packet of yellow and orange ones left (my least favourites). No doubt I shall devour these imminently.

I cannot keep tasty things in the house. The only way that I can avoid a future that involves my being crane-lifted out of my house is if I don't buy biscuits or sweets or crisps in the first place. It's simply not possible to have a few. I must eat them all.

I blame my parents. They controlled sugar so strictly that I am now hardwired to eat all that I can get my hands on: time was that you didn't know when you might see it again, so it made sense to stock up.

No comments:

Post a Comment