Monday 23 May 2011

Breakfasts One-Hundred-and-Twenty-Nine to One-Hundred-and-Thirty-Four

No. 129: Yoghurt & granola and a smoothie; No. 130: Toast & raspberry jam and a yoghurt; No. 131: Sausage, Bacon & Egg (egg not pictured...); No 132: Sausage & Bacon; No 133: Muesli; No 134: Special K cluster thingys & apple juice.

Many breakfasts at once again. I've been away on the West coast with friends having altogether too much fun -- climbing mountains, sea kayaking and eating deliriously happy-making quantities of seafood.

Seeing as I was so close, I popped home to Skye for a night too. I lost breakfast number 132 en route: the fatal interaction of a slight hangover, winding roads and the sight of the ferry rolling up and down. (Yep, that's right, I must be one of the only people for whom the mere sight of a boat on choppy waters is enough to induce sickness.)

On the way back I was recommended ginger tea. It worked rather well, though I did burn my tongue very badly drinking it out of one of those stupidly hot thermos cup thingys.

Whilst home, my Papa and I built a bird house. Here it is in the work shed precariously balanced on some rolled-up lino. It even has a rain gutter with a contraption to drain the water into a drinking bowl for the birdies.


I'm back in Edinburgh now and the weather has taken a turn towards the apocalyptic. I've had to resurrect my winter PJs and fire up the hottie bottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment