Sunday 10 August 2014

879 Days

Guacamole on toast, and tea (of course)
It has been 879 days since my last breakfast…

… in the blogosphere. In the real world, I imagine there have been 879 of them too, give or take the odd one I slept through (I don't do well on none).

I won't lie, away from watching eyes, I've had some outrageous breakfasts -- custard creams, reese's pieces, leftover pizza, leftover thai food, cake, all sorts. Today, I was accidentally "on trend". The internets tell me it's all about avocado on toast for bendy, balanced yoga types. I'm neither bendy, nor balanced (in any sense of the word), but I did have a dangerously soft avocado languishing in the fruit bowl, and awoke to tomato and lemon remnants in the kitchen that screamed "guacamole me", so I did.

879 days seem like the number of days in which seismic things could have happened. I could have won an election (I didn't); spawned three infants, albeit in alarmingly Catholic succession (I haven't); finished my novel (I haven't); had my heart broken (I have, twice); moved house (I have); finally figured out how to leave the flat without having to go back at least three times because I've forgotten my phone, sunglasses, wallet etc (I haven't).

879 days focus the mind: I need to figure out all sorts of everything before the next 879 fly by.

Top of the list: did "tagging" get rebranded "labelling" while I was absent from the blogosphere? And is it just as bamboozling an exercise as ever it seemed?

No comments:

Post a Comment