Monday 25 August 2014

Is it Art…? Or an Industrial Machinery Depot?

Bacon roll

Bran flakes & honey nut cornflakes, and tea
Note tea cosy: knitted waistcoat!

Bran flakes, pineapple & raspberries, and tea

Bran flakes, and tea
And the (non-edible!) bouquet I caught at a wedding this weekend
I drove a considerable distance this long weekend -- all the way down to Worcestershire on Friday, with a giggle of friends (this being the best sort of collective noun I can think of for a group of old friends cooped up in a tiny Peugeot and hopped up on minstrels) -- then onwards to Wiltshire (for a wedding) -- just me for the onwards...

Somewhere near Birmingham my tiredness was clearly setting in and I started to say "Oh look," about to point out to the others the art installation I thought I'd spotted, until I realised that the multi-coloured, bowed-armed display I had momentarily been marvelling at was in fact a cherry picker depot… and that the elegant, multi-tiered crane-like-the-bird structures I'd briefly been tickled by were, well, actual cranes…





1 comment: