Thursday 14 August 2014

Political Satire or Governmental Bumf

Strawberry, banana, spinach & almond milk smoothie 
(thank you Fergie & Fife), and tea
Up until today, I'd always imagined that bumf was spelled with two f's -- just goes to show how much I know.

My flatmate drew my attention to the leaflet below this evening. I'd passed it by, assuming it was a flyer for yet another Fringe show. It wasn't. Rather than the political satire publicity I took if for, it was instead a communique from the Electoral Commission. But it really does look like it ought to be a comedy show leaflet, doesn't it?



I read it, and found it to be stylistically not dissimilar to the leaflets one gets about smear tests: "What happens after the referendum"; "My test says small changes, what does this mean?" The Yes campaign's font is nicer. They want us to "grasp it with both hands". The No campaign have Lisa Gardiner from Cambuslang. They are more Kumbaya-ish about the whole thing, wanting us to say things "loud and clear". People get much less worked up about smear tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment