Monday 18 August 2014

Herbal Decline

The breakfast that became afternoon tea: bananas and yoghurt
(I gave in to the temptations of a bacon roll on my way to work)
Fried egg & bacon, and tea
(I decapitated one of the monks)
Croissant (and seven dwarfs -- spectators, not food), and tea
Generally herbs can expect a poor innings with me; and this blog may well serve as the damning proof of this (unless I stop popping my breakfasts next to them, thus revealing my shame)… Even the current crop, which seemed to be faring well on my program of neglect, interrupted by sporadic, remorseful -- please don't die -- drenchings, may have had their chips. The wan, wilted specimens I encountered this evening -- having forgotten to water them before I went away this weekend -- did not speak to my skills as a horticulturalist… Tomorrow's breakfast will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment