Monday 21 March 2011

Breakfast the Seventy-First

Jelly and sprite.
Jelly truly is a magical thing. I don't know why, but it's all I wanted to eat once I'd started to feel a little less green. Another magical thing, or person rather, is the incomparable Miss Girling who came round yesterday with sprite and daffodils to make me feel better. I had real food for supper this evening -- hurrah!

I'm currently half-watching The Great British Hairdresser. Half my attention is much more than it deserves. How can anyone take hair so seriously? I'm not sure I've ever seen anything more preposterous in my life. It actually reminds me a little of a visit from a hairdresser to our school for a PSE (Personal and Social Education) lesson. I don't know what the school was thinking. They imported some badger-haired stylist who berated us -- a bunch of twelve year olds -- for having hair not hairstyles...

Come to think of it, PSE lessons were pretty preposterous too. In addition to the hairdresser lesson, we were also taught how to pack a suitcase, and filled in on the wonders of the rhythm method by a woman pregnant with her 100th child. (Catholic school - what can you do?)

1 comment: