Thursday 17 March 2011

Breakfast the Sixty-Seventh

Honey Nut Cornflakes and raspberries.

I happened upon some Burt's Bees Hand Salve yesterday – one of many Christmas stocking thingamajigs that I've been carting about for years. In the interest of having one fewer thing to cart next time I move, I thought I ought to start using it up, so I slathered some on. This was something of an error.

My keyboard got all sticky and my mouse got rather too well lubricated for easy use. (Now there's lewd word.) Then, when I got up to forage some lunch, I found I couldn't open my bedroom door. It's always been somewhat tricky to open, but particularly so with overly-salved hands... Happily, with the help of a co-op bag (cloth, not plastic), I freed myself and found some munchables.

This isn't the first time I've inadvertently trapped myself. When I was little, I wanted to know exactly how dark the coal hole was if the door as completely closed: very, very dark indeed as it turns out... I wasn't much of a one for considering possible outcomes when I was small so it hadn't occurred to me that if it was as dark as I thought it might be, I wouldn't be able to find something to stand on in order to reach the lock and let myself back out again. I forget how long I was in there; but I do remember that the cat was there too.

(I've cheated and back-posted this so that my breakfast appears on the relevant day -- just in case any one's confused by the sudden materialisation of this post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment