Monday 28 February 2011

Breakfast the Fiftieth

Doppelganger shreddies and banana.
Sometimes I peer at my forehead wrinkles with the same sort of resignation that I imagine overcame King Cnut as the sea lapped about his ankles and he realised that no amount of wishful thinking was going to turn that tide around. Occasionally I convince myself that by being a little less gullible, I will slow the ravages of time (I only have wrinkles of astonishment: those lines you get on your forehead when you make a "wooooaaaah" face....). That said, I fully intend to go with nature rather than looking like the unholy apparition my friend Susie and I saw on the idiot box this evening.

There is something entirely unnerving about a person whose eyebrows don't move. This woman was toe-curlingly lifted and filled. Susie even suggested that with surgery gone so wrong, she probably ought not ever leave her house again.

2 comments:

  1. I introduced a very nice London couple to your blog last week in Jamaica and we had an interesting conversation on hotties and their asoorted covers. They found me quite amusing and said I reminded them of Scarlett to which I was genuinely flattered

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, a friendship forged over hotties, what next? I'm in great need of one now. It's suddenly ever-so-cold again.

    ReplyDelete