Sunday 20 February 2011

Breakfast the Forty-Second

Cinnamon & raisin bagel with raspberry jam.
Once upon a time, when I was bored in an airport, I bought some expensive mascara. It turned out to be magical, non-clumpy mascara of a kind I'd never encountered before. Then I lost it. Bereft, I bought some more. Then I found the lost one, and for the last two years or so, I've been eking out the magical mascara.

Today, I attempted to procure some more of the same. Alas, the makers have discontinued it. An orange sales lady (orange in colour that is, not a purveyor of fruits) told me that they'd brought out a similar version, which she thought was even better. I wanted so much to believe her: so, silencing the voice in my head that said "you can't trust this woman, she has eyelashes so clumpy they look like insects' legs," I bought it. I now look like I've super-glued a couple of upside down centipedes to my eyelids.

No comments:

Post a Comment