Thursday 3 February 2011

Breakfast the Twenty-Fifth

Muesli with blueberries and yoghurt.
It's funny how, on a bad day, it just takes a tricky crossword clue to send you over the edge. Or not being able to find your keys. Lucky then, that almost all cares can be temporarily blown away by some injudicious spending on the Toast website.

I'm not much of a one for retail therapy, but I think if you're going to go that way, you could do worse than Toast. All I want out of life really is to earn enough to buy all of my clothes from them. Shallow, I know, but they are so very lovely. Oh, and also Jigsaw. I think that's all I need to be content. (Well, that and love, but I'm trying to stay away from the precipice at the moment so I can't, as Scarlett O'Hara would say, think about that now.)

On a completely unrelated matter, a woman on the BBC Scotland news asked to hazard which foods are currently in season just answered (somewhat uncertainly, I concede) pineapples. I suppose they're in season somewhere, but surely they meant local produce. Surely?

4 comments:

  1. This is Dena from Georgia, America not Geogia, Eurasia. I have a question from the Toast catalog 80% off section. What is a hottie? And why does it need a cover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Toast makes everything better--as Nigel Slater would agree--though I don't think he was talking about the same kind of toast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hottie is what we British take to bed with us.

    ReplyDelete