Saturday 12 February 2011

Breakfast the Thirty-Fourth

Muesli, yogurt and banana.

Today I had one of those glorious lazy days of lounging about in my PJs til well past lunch time and nattering on the phone to friends. The sun made an appearance, which called for a walk, and then Miss Shelley -- of the Peculiar Presents -- and I played several rounds of Farm Frenzy 2. She's recently acquired a new computer and it offered a free trial of this game.

I'm not much of a one for computer games (nor is the lovely Miss Shelley), but this is quite the most hilarious thing I have ever encountered. Mostly it involved keeping chickens supplied with well-watered grass, and collecting their eggs in order to sell them to buy powered-egg and biscuit-making machines. In each round you had to collect a certain number of eggs, buy a few chickens, and make a certain number of biscuits etc. So far so simple, but this is the hilarious bit: your efforts were frequently thwarted by marauding panda bears who would lob your chickens across the farm yard, thus killing them. Probably this is one of these things that you have to experience for yourself, but I can't tell you how hard we laughed.

1 comment:

  1. Just the image in my head made me chortle alarmingly to myself Macdonald. xx

    ReplyDelete